There are many reasons why you would need cheap short term health insurance. It is intended to cover you during circumstances that would leave you without health insurance temporarily. What are these circumstances?
A short term health insurance plan may be useful in the following circumstances:
- Graduating from college.
- Switching jobs.
- Continuing to search for a new job after your COBRA expires.
- Engaged to a person with health insurance.
- Participating in a union strike, when your employer-sponsored health insurance does not apply.
- Aging out of your parents’ insurance.
- Shopping around for long-term health insurance without rushing the decision-making process.