Here is what you need to know regarding the cost of short term health insurance:
- Short-term health insurers have established pools of healthy people and families, each of whom will need coverage only for a short period. Because people who get temporary health insurance coverage are generally healthy the cost of insurance remains low for everybody since insurers expect few people to get sick.
- You’ll notice that depending on the short-term plan, cost and benefits can be wide-ranging, with some policies providing up to $5 million in individual coverage. Consumers will need to take time to review different health insurance companies and what they have to offer before selecting a plan.
- If you are injured or ill some short-term policies, pay up to 80 percent of your medical expenses, but first you will need to pay a deductible. After you’ve met your deductible, most insurers will pay some portion, typically 50 to 80 percent of the next $5,000 of expenses, and then 100 percent coverage kicks in, up to the plan maximum.
- Major companies offering short-term health insurance include Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, CIGNA and United Heathcare’s Golden Rule.
- It can be very confusing to find short term medical insurance that meets your needs. VitalOne health insurance agents understand the health insurance industry, and will assist you in finding low cost short term health insurance.